INTRODUCTIONThis program is suitable for management and accounting personnel of SMEs who wants to excel in business analysis and budgeting. Graduates in this program will be equipped with skills to perform as a financial analyst, budgeting coordinator, business planning consultant, business reviewer and have the knowledge to help plan for business startups or expansion. This program has been developed by management accountants, academicians and business professionals so it will be very action oriented and most skills taught can actually be use in the business environment.
In Malaysia and in many parts of the world there are many accounting staff who are not interested in work like auditing or taxation and would prefer to be on the business and commercial side of accounting. These include business studies graduates, accounting graduates and other business related graduates. However, to be a Qualified Accountant on must take auditing and tax papers and work as auditor or tax agent which not many are interested in. Therefore, the number of qualified accountants in Malaysia is way below that of other countries like Australia.This certification can potentially bridge the gap for those who are working in accounting but does not hold any accounting qualifications.
How to be certified?1. Attending Workshops and participate
To be certified applicants need to complete the 3 workshops/seminars below before submitting an application for certification.
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers
- Effective Budgeting for Business Results
- Strategic Management for Managers & Entrepreneurs
2. Capstone Case study
After completing the above 3 workshops, candidates must complete a case study and submit the case study report to certification assessors. The case study will be a composite one which will touch on the topics found in the 3 modules above. The expected length of the paper would be approximately 3,000 words or 10 pages.
3. Debriefing Boot Camp
All candidates will be required to undergo a debriefing seminar of 3 hours after they successfully submitted the case study paper. At the end of the seminar candidates will receive their parchments. Boot camp will be conducted once every 3 months.
- Certificates of Attendance will be awarded for the completion of the 3 seminars
- Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to confer to successful candidates after successful assessment or their case study report and their attendance at the debriefing boot camp. The certificate will carry the words the candidate have completed all the assessments required and in hereby conferred the designation of Certified Budgeting and Planning Analyst.
- The seminars and assessments will be conducted by EventsMastery Asia Pacific Sdn. Bhd. in conjunction with education consulting firm DRC Services
- The Certification will be awarded by Institute of Public Accountants, Australia jointly with EventsMastery Asia Pacific Sdn. Bhd.. The institute of Public Accountants (Australia) is a prescribed accounting body and is based in Melbourne. They operate a Malaysian Division in Bandar Utama, Selangor. The institute champions the accounting and financial needs of SMEs in Australia. www.publicaccountants.org.au
Workshop DetailsNext intake – Aug 2017
Phase 1- Finance for Non-Finance Managers - 24-25 Aug 2017
Phase 2 - Effective Budgeting for Business Results - 13-14 Sept 2017
Phase 3 - Strategic Management for Managers & Entrepreneurs - 24-25 Oct 2017
Official fee: RM7900 (inclusive IPA Certificate)
Early bird offer before 26 July - ONLY RM5980
IPA member - ONLY RM5780 Click here to register
Click here to download forms & brochure