2-day workshop 16 - 17 July 2019, KL
AZAH IS BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND. Come & learn how to emcee events like a professional - The Master of Ceremonies system developed and trained by the expert...Azah Yazmin, Professional Celebrity MC, TV Host, Actress.
Introduction to the programme
The Master of Ceremonies (generally known as Emcee or in short MC) is the "conductor" of an event or meeting. The primary responsibility of the Master of Ceremonies is to serve as a genial host. An ideal MC is a person who has poise, presence and who can command the attention of an audience.
The Master of Ceremonies is responsible for ensuring that the program/event runs smoothly, runs on time and that all the important people at the event are introduced in a complimentary, professional manner. Being a successful Master of Ceremonies requires preparation, a friendly manner and the ability to adjust or to ad-lib as necessary to ensure a successful event.
Finding the right people to put on stage as the host of your event is really, really important. You’ve got to have the right personalities and presence on stage as you continue to thread the theme or series through the night. It is often said that the MC can make or break your event on the day itself.
Being the MC can be a wonderful responsibility, both for the individual and for their company.
In fact every company would really need someone internal and can even train a few of their employees to do some of the smaller or easier emceeing jobs for their own events instead of outsourcing each time, especially for smaller scale or internal events. They can learn to handle internal events efficiently and thus may even save the company some additional expenses.
At the same time, this workshop will be a good learning ground for personal development and to enhance yours or your staff's capabilities in this area. You may just discover the hidden talents in you and/or the gem that you are to your organisation!
This short two days programme is for anyone who would like to learn to be a Master of Ceremonies, in a professional way. We will help to bring out all the hidden talents of yours; encouraging you to perform beyond what you thought was your limit. This workshop will be full of illustrations and practice.
Some of the learning objectives from the workshop include:
- The 3P’s of being an emcee. That is Prepare, Practise and Perform
- How to handle pre-event requirements and how to ask for information that can help you to perform better
- How to structure the script for an event and the methods to address the audience
- How to manage the use of language, pronunciations & enunciations of words
- To master the proper use of equipments especially with the microphones and sound system, including how to conduct sound test
- How to make the audience feel at ease and to create the mood for the event
- Trouble-shooting of problems during an event and crisis management
- Understanding how to use certain key documents or checklist and how to work more effectively with all parties involved so that you can give a good show
- On-site coordination and operation issues including how to manage or organise special needs or sessions during events, eg how to ensure an effective lucky draws session
- And most of all, giving the audience a great time.